Organization: New York-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY)
Internationally acclaimed, New York-Presbyterian Hospital is committed to excellence in patient care, research, education and community service. The Vice President Talent Acquisition position, recently repositioned from Corporate Director Employment Services, presents a seasoned recruitment/talent acquisition leader with an exceptional opportunity to join a world class organization with an award-winning HR division.
- Ranked as the number one hospital in the state of New York and the number six hospital in the country by U.S. News & World Report, New York-Presbyterian Hospital is the nation’s largest not-for-profit, non-sectarian hospital, with 3,500 beds and over 20,000 employees.
- With award-winning recruiting and employment programs recognized nationally by E-Healthcare Leadership, DDI Summit, and American Hospital Association, New York Presbyterian’s turnover rate is less than 7% and the vacancy rate is less than 4%.
- Recognized as one of the foremost integrated academic health centers in the world, New York-Presbyterian Hospital has academic affiliations with two of the nation’s leading medical colleges: Weill Cornell Medical College and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Regarded as a strategic partner to hospital leadership, the previously named Employment Services division has consistently kept pace with implementing recruiting best practices focusing on a strong partnership between Employment Services and operations.
- This Vice President is a direct report to the Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, and has responsibility for overseeing all talent acquisition and recruitment operations and leading a best-practice system-wide recruitment strategy.
- As a key member of the NYP senior HR management team, this Vice President will anticipate and proactively address workforce planning and all aspects of talent acquisition, develop and mentor a strong team, and work collaboratively with operational leaders system-wide.
- The ideal candidate for the Vice President Talent Acquisition will be Master’s prepared with strong HR content expertise, with a particular emphasis on broad-based recruitment knowledge.
- Experience in healthcare is strongly preferred. A strong background in and comprehensive knowledge of recruitment strategy, operations and metrics is imperative; experience in academic medicine and unionized environments is highly preferred.
- The individual must have worked in a highly complex environment with multiple diverse internal customers and will be able to point to a track record of success in building strong, collaborative relationships with operational leaders throughout a large and geographically dispersed organization.
Inquiries?This opportunity is being presented by Jane Groves, Executive Vice President & Practice Leader, and John Lenihan, Consultant, MSA Executive Search/Integrated Healthcare Strategies. Interested candidates, or those wishing to share referrals, should contact Pat Neds, Senior Recruiter, at email@example.com.